Following this year’s Festival No.6, we have spent the last two months listening to feedback and working on improvements to many areas. We are absolutely committed to making the best festival experience for every single customer.
Park & Ride
We are currently looking into alternative locations for the Park & Ride. The new locations will be announced early in the New Year.
Protecting and improving the site
Portmeirion is the most incredible location for a festival and the history and beauty of the site need to be protected. Next year we will be putting more provisions in place to protect Portmeirion and its surroundings including:
- Floorings in more venues to protect the ground and walkways
- Undertaking work to improve access and flow of audience
- Limiting the footfall in Hotel Portmeirion and Castell Deudraeth and restricting access to a very limited number of village residents and VIPs.
- The introduction of a VIP Weekend ticket will be on sale to ensure that we are protecting Hotel Portmeirion and Castell Deudraeth.
We will be reducing capacity slightly to avoid bottlenecks and allow the site space to breathe. It is hugely important to us that the festival retains its intimate feel.
Traveling to the event
- As well as discounted travel with our Official Travel Partner Virgin Trains from destinations across the UK, we have also partnered with Big Green Coach to offer coach travel from even more locations in 2017 making it easier to get to Festival No.6.
- We are also working with Go Car Share to encourage people to lift share. This is a great way to meet new people, reduce traffic on the roads and reduce your carbon footprint.
- This year, for the first time, we will be offering payment plan tickets, which will allow you to pay for your ticket in equal monthly instalments.
- All tickets will be posted 14 days in advance of the festival. Any tickets purchased after the cut off point will be required to collect from the box office at the festival.
- Information on local tickets will be released in the coming months.
Programming and Content
We will be making changes to some venues, moving some areas around and introducing new content, including a dedicated wellbeing area.
We will be making improvements to our campsites including carrying out drainage work, revising the layout, improving access, clearer demarcation of fields, and improved services.
We are aware there were issues with the Boutique Camping area this year and we will be putting provisions in place to ensure issues don’t recur. We strive to provide the highest level of service and make your stay as comfortable as possible in The Boutique Camping and Retreat areas.
We will be adding shower facilities to the campervan area.
New Information Centre
Next year we plan to introduce an information centre in the hub of the festival – the Village Green. The Information Centre will be a place you can go to receive information on programming, travel, workshops, special ticketed events and event merchandise.
Next year is the 6th birthday of Festival No.6 and we plan to make it the best yet. It won’t be the biggest as we will be reducing capacity slightly to retain the intimate nature of the festival and we will redouble our focus on everything that has made Festival No.6 an award-winning festival. We are absolutely committed to creating the best festival experience in the world.
Be seeing you.